PDF file does not open
If you are trying to access a PDF file online using Internet Explorer and get an error like this:
This is an issue between Adobe and Microsoft. You can either change the browser you use to Google Chrome or FireFox, or you may be able to get around it by doing the following.
- Open your version of Adobe Acrobat. Note: My examples use Adobe Acrobat X Pro. You may have a different version. But the basic process is the same.
- Across the top you should see File Edit View Window Help. (As shown below)
- Click on the word "Edit". This will open the dropdown menu. (As shown below)
- Click on "Preferences" and this will open a new window. (As shown below)
- Locate "Internet", highlight above, and click it. This will make the window change and look like the picture shown above.
- Make sure the option "Display PDF in Browser" is unchecked. (as shown below)
- Click "OK" at bottom right of page. The window will close.
- Now try to access the online file again. It should open in Adobe.