NEW PURCHASING PROCEDURES
- Check the Purchasing website to verify current vendor and vendor information. https://cfbpurchasing.com/
- If vendor is not on website contact your purchasing buyer ― they may have them on another contract or cooperative.
- GET QUOTE!! - MANDATORY
- Quote is equal to one or more of the following:
- Formal Quote from vendor (our RFP # or Cooperative Name & Contract #) This is a Best Practice and Preferred Method
- Email with full description, quantity, shipping, discount and total from an authorized vendor representative
- Online shopping carts are valid with vendors who:
- Provide a 0% catalog discount under contract with the district and have a standard shipping calculation.
- Vendors that have account access with CFBISD contract pricing applied such as:
- Office Depot
- School Specialty
- Verbal quote form ― available on purchasing website under forms
- Create the requisition/PO with the special instructions supplied on the purchasing website and attach the quote.
- Send your purchase order into the vendor via email, fax or in person. It is your responsibility to verify the vendor has received your order.
Notice: If using a cooperative (Buy board, TCPN, 2013, EPCNT, etc.) cooperative name and contract number MUST be on the quote. You will need to advise the vendor that the Cooperative Name and contract number MUST be on the requested quote. Requisition will be denied if this information is not provided.
Example: Buyboard 413-12
Notice: Must have individual line for each item. Requisition will be denied if only 1 line item and see attached list is entered
*****GENERAL INFORMATION NOTES*****
- Do not use "Warehouse" as a category.
- Justification will not print on the purchase order ― it is an information only field
- ALWAYS check the Purchasing website first ― information is updated continually
- NEVER copy a previous purchase order
- Any questions please contact your purchasing buyer ― we are here to help!