How to do Business
with the Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District
- How can I contact CFB ISD Purchasing?
- Service Center
- 1505 Randolph Street
- Carrollton, Texas 75006
- How to find us
- Phone: 972-968-6330
- Fax: 972-968-6337
- Website: https://cfbpurchasing.com
Note: Contact information is on every page of the site. Top right corner.
- Office Hours
- 08:00 AM to 04:45 PM CST
- Monday through Friday
- (Excluding District Holidays)
- Summer Hours (Reduced Staffing)
- 07:00 AM to 05:00 PM CST
- Monday through Friday
- (Excluding District Holidays)
How does CFB ISD purchase/order goods and services?
- Goods or services will only be by authorized via purchase order issued by CFB ISD.
CFB ISD is not responsible for orders that are not contained in a written authorized purchase order.
- Acceptance of orders verbally or in any other manner without an authorized purchase order are at risk of non-payment.
- CFB ISD employees may not order goods or services without the issuance of a written purchase order issued by an authorized offical.
- How do I get on the CFB ISD vendor list?
- To get on the vendor list for products and services purchased and/or used by CFB ISD you will need to go to our Prospective Vendor Registration page and complete the form with all the requested information. Then when a procurement for something you're interested in comes up you will be notified by the buyer handling it.
- If your company's products and/or services are for fund raising and/or other similar student activities, you should contact CFB ISD Council PTA as most such activites are handled through them.
How do I find out what/when items are scheduled for a RFP, CSP, RFQ, and/or DBF?
- All Request for RFP, CSP, RFQ, and/or DBF, are published in the Daily Commercial Record.
The Purchasing Website's Purchasing Calendar page contains a Google calendar that you can use, and even become a member of, to keep up with Procurement Closings, School Board Meetings, and Modified office hours or office closed.
How can I obtain a copy of a RFP, CSP, RFQ, or DBF?
- All RFP, CSP, RFQ, and/or DBF, are posted on the Purchasing Website's Current Procurement Opportunities page. Basic information is supplied there.
When the required information and/or documentation is ready and advertized, a "Download Documents" link will be in the right colum. Click it to fill out the required access form and access all supplied documents and forms.
Alternatively, you may come to the purchasing office where we will supply you a printed copy of all documents and forms available at that time. This method, however, does not help keep you up to date in the event of changes, updates, or addendums.
Recently closed opportunities can be found on the Purchasing Website at Archived Procurement Opportunities.
If I have questions filling out the documents, whom can I contact?
- All Request for RFP, CSP, RFQ, and/or DBF, documents contain the buyer's name and contact information, such as email and phone number.
In addition, all contact information for anyone in purchasing is located on the Purchasing Website's Purchasing Staff page.
- What are the district's insurance requirements?
- The general insurance requirements are workers' compensation, general liability and vehicle liability. The specific type and amount of insurance required depends on the nature of the goods or services to be provided and will be specified in the RFP, CSP, RFQ, and/or DBF, documents.
- Does CFB ISD require bonds?
- Yes. State law requires construction contractors to provide a payment bond for contracts with a cost of $25,000 or more. Performance bonds are required for construction contracts with a cost of $100,000 or more.
- For construction projects, bonds are required that are 5 percent of the amount typically.
- The specific information on type and/or amount required will be specified in the RFP, CSP, RFQ, and/or DBF, documents.
Does CFB ISD require a W-9 form?
- Yes. We are required to mantained a current W-9 form on file for every vendor. And it is the responsibility of the vendor to ensure that the W-9 the district has on file is current.
- Note: Per the IRS a W-9 is considered current as long as the information it contains and/or supplies is still true, accurate, and without change. The date that the form was signed has no bearing on if it is considered current or not. However, CFB ISD may request a new W-9 with a current date at its discretion.
- How can I find out the results of a RFP, CSP, RFQ, or DBF?
- All tabulations are available to the public at Board Book. Additionally, interested companies may attend the public openings.
Additional information can always be gotten by submitting an Open Record Request through the District's official process. Instructions to submit such a request can be found at Open Records Request [Public Information Act].
- Does CFBISD ever use cooperatives?
- Yes, The District is a member of numerous Purchasing Cooperatives. Purchasing cooperative vendors have been awarded through a specific purchasing cooperative which allows the District to make purchases without completing a separate bidding process for each district.
The following is a list of purchasing cooperatives of which the district is a member and can purchase through their approved vendors/contracts:
- → BuyBoard National Purchasing Cooperative [BuyBoard]
- → Department of Information Resources [DIR]
- → Educational Purchasing Cooperative of North Texas [EPCNT]
- → The Interlocal Purchasing System [TIPS/TAPS]
- → Harris County DOE/Choice Partners national cooperative [HCDE/Choice Partners]
- → National Cooperative Purchasing Alliance [NCPA]
- → Purchasing Association of Cooperative Entities [PACE]
- → Region 19 Purchasing Cooperative [Region 19]
- → The Cooperative Purchasing Network [TCPN]
- → Government Purchasing Alliance [US Communities]
- → Texas Educational Technology Purchasing Consortium [TETPC] (Region 11)
- → Tarrant County Cooperative Purchasing Program [TCCP]
- → Multi-Regional Cooperative [Child Nutrition] [MRPC] (Region 10)
- → 2013 Purchasing Cooperative 
- → Texas multiple award schedule [TXMAS]
- → Houston-Galveston Area Council [HGACBuy]
- → National Joint Powers Alliance [NJPA]
- → Texas Smart Buy (State of Texas CO-OP) [TxSmartbuy]